We cannot match Ireland’s results, as such high dynamics for the industry are extremely rare. But more and more countries are in front of us on a union scale. Poland is still sixth place well, given the collapse of the industry of our largest recipient of exports, that is Germany.
- Production in Poland increased in February by 4.3 percent. R / o puts us eighth in Europe – the worst since May of last year We are sixth in the union
- The reason for the slowdown lies beyond our western borders. German factory results are disappointing, and they receive components from factories in Poland
- Ireland ranks indisputably 1st in Europe. Today Intel and pharmaceutical companies’ investments provide the largest increase in production
- You can find more of these stories on the Onet.pl homepage
The pandemic crisis not only spared Ireland, it gave it an additional development stimulus. According to Eurostat data, industrial production there increased in February By 41.4 percent every year. For this country, similar figures are not strange, because higher dynamics were announced exactly five years ago.
Intel recently launched new production plants in Ireland, and has already invested 19 billion euros there. It even relocates its European headquarters there. In the past 10 years, € 10 billion has been invested in production by biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies, including: Pfizer, Lilly, J&J, Sanofi-Genzyme and Allergan. In the case of a pandemic, with medicines and electronic equipment selling well around the world, Ireland is registering the largest economic growth.
In February, production in the modern manufacturing sector increased 6.9 percent. Compared to January, the traditional sectors showed a decrease of 1.5%. In the three months ending February (December 2020 – February 2021), the modern sector grew by 29.5 percent. Compared to the previous three months.
Poland is falling behind
Poland is far from such results. In February, our industry Production increased by 4.3 percent. every year – Eurostat reported. This was the eighth result in Europe and Sixth in the European Union. Aside from Ireland, growth dynamics overtook: Lithuania, Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Finland, Croatia and Greece.
Eighth place in Europe is the worst situation for Poland since May of last year, when production fell by 15.3%. X p. It gave us only fifteenth place on the continent. April of last year was the worst in history, when production fell by 25.1%, which was only 22nd out of 37 countries, the 15th from the end.
The EU industry fell 1.1% in February, so our result can be considered good. Moreover, it is related to Germany’s score. It is the largest recipient of Polish exports, and there are many factories in Poland that manufacture components for products from German factories. In February, German industry saw a 6 percent drop. X p. 6.4 percent, as the manufacturing sector in France declined.
– Solid data forms from German industry Weird bucket of cold water To European economic watchers who pay a lot of attention to economic indicators – Economists at Bank Pekao commented.
According to them, the declines are linked, among other things, with the structure of the German economy, in which investment goods play an important role.
“Internet maven. Tv fan. Infuriatingly humble analyst. Unapologetic twitter trailblazer. Freelance coffee fanatic.”