During the press conference, the Minister of Health, Adam Nidzelsky, announced the easing of restrictions in some provinces in which the case of infection with the Coronavirus has already improved. The beauty industry will be frozen, and primary school children will return to school in a hybrid system.
– The number of new infections in Poland is declining, and the situation in hospitals is also improving, although the number of people in hospitals remains at a high level – Health Minister Adam Niedzelski said, adding that the number of deaths due to COVID-19 is also worrying. However, the government decided to ease restrictions in provinces where the situation is not so bad.
What is the situation in the country?
– The height of contagion and hospitalization is behind us, – said Minister Nidzelsky. He added, “We have a decrease of a third in new infections compared to last week.” However, restrictions cannot be eased across the country, because in some provinces the situation is still dangerous. There are five provinces:
- Lower Silesia
- Greater Poland
- Opole County.
Best case in the following counties: Podlaskie, Podkarpackie, Warmińsko-Mazurskie.
What will happen in the coming weeks?
Taking into account the situation in specific regions, including. With regard to the number of new infections, deaths, epidemiological bed occupancy and the operation of ventilators, the government decided to ease restrictions, as of April 26, in the following governorates:
- Lesser Poland
- Province of Western Pomerania
- Kiwavian Pomeranian Prefecture
- Lubuskie Prefecture
- County of Warmia Masuria
In other provinces as of April 26:
- Restoration of co-educational education in grades one to three
- Opening of beauty salons, hairdressers and beauty salons.
The minister described these moves as “a sensitive step for the coming week, and a caution because the situation is still difficult.”
When is the decision to continue lifting restrictions?
The plan to lift restrictions for May will be presented next week. “We will present the recovery plan next Wednesday,” the health minister said. It concerns, among other things, the restaurant industry, the hotel industry, as well as the company, weddings and other celebrations.
The Ministry of Health will then decide Wear masks outdoors.
We take into account the risks of the fourth wave of the Coronavirus. The Minister of Health said this is due to mutations in the Coronavirus, adding that the government is studying the global situation. It tracks disturbing information from all over the world, for example about 100 cases of the Indian species discovered in Great Britain, about the cases caused by the Brazilian and South African variants. At the moment, the British alternative is dominant in Poland. The minister said during the conference: We have several cases from South Africa and Nigeria.
What restrictions will apply in Poland from April 26?
- A maximum of one person per 20 square meters can stay in the religious buildings.
- In commercial establishments and fairs and at the post office there may be: one person with an area of 15 square meters in stores of up to 100 square meters, one person of 20 square meters in stores of more than 100 square meters
- There are still closed shopping centers and showrooms (except for drugstores and drugstores) as well as large furniture and DIY stores.
- Close beauty salons, hairdressers and beauty salons (Only in 5 voivodships: Śląskie, Dolnośląskie, Wielkopolskie, ódzkie, Opolskie).
- Distance learning entirely in schools (Only in 5 voivodships: Śląskie, Dolnośląskie, Wielkopolskie, ódzkie, Opolskie, In the remaining stages, hybrid learning (grades 1 to 3).
- Sports facility activities are restricted to professional sports only.
- Museums, theaters, cinemas and art galleries remain closed.
- Hotels and other accommodation facilities remain closed, except in hotels for workers, as well as residences for doctors and drivers who transport by roads or soldiers.